We know how it can be. You want to eat healthy and do all of that fitfam stuff, but where will you find the time?! These days with our forever busy schedules and commitments, it can be difficult to prioritise health and wellness. However, when we refuse to take care of our bodies, we prevent our bodies from performing optimally, throwing us into these cycles of stress and constant recovery from fatigue or illness.
Well guess what? We've got great news for you! Healthy living does not need to start with spending hours and hours at the gym or going on a two-week fruit and vegetable fast. You can start to embrace a healthier lifestyle the day you make the first set of healthy decisions. Then everyday after that, the more healthy choices than unhealthy ones you make, the closer you get to achieving your healthiest state - mind, body and soul.
With sometimes little deliberate actions in your everyday life, you can embrace wellness without batting an eyelid. It will become a natural part of whom you are. Here are 5 simple ways you can start.
- Consume a wide variety of fresh foods daily. Choose the freshest ingredients you can find. The more colourful, the better. Start with a slice of pineapple or a mango, just start with one and enjoy
- Satisfy as many of the senses as possible, including smell and texture. Food is a full body experience, and you are doing yourself a disservice by not experiencing it fully. When it comes to food look for variety.
- Stop eating when you are full. If it tastes so great, you can save some for later. Don’t feel pressured to finish what’s on your plate
- Try not to go for quick fix energy boosts, such as highly caffeinated energy drinks and sugar loaded energy bars. Grab a piece of kola nut and chew on it to get a little natural energy boost. Getting up and walking around or a little brisk exercise are even better at giving you an energy boost. (Tea and black coffee are the best energy boosts, bing natural)
- Do not neglect sleep. Most healthy adults need between 7 - 9 hours of sleep. If you are having trouble sleeping, you can try getting an app like Calm app, which offers many options to help you sleep better and also track your sleeping patterns. And besides, when you are sleeping, you are not eating and therefore less likely to snack.