These days most of us rarely meet their daily intake of fresh fruit and vegetables. With our ever growing busy lifestyles, multiple work, family and social commitments, eating healthily has slowly become a chore. We’re constantly on the lookout for the “faster food” option most of which, we can probably all agree, are lacking in nutrients. With the hectic lives we seem to live these days, smoothies may be the one way to help you get the nutrients needed daily. Have you ever thought about the value of drinking your fruits, vegetables and leafy greens? It’s definitely a “faster food” option that comes with a number of health benefits. Here are 10 reasons why you should get started with drinking fresh and nutritious smoothies today!
- Kick-start a healthier lifestyle. Doing anything that you think of as “healthy” affects the way you feel about yourself and your lifestyle overall. Taking a conscious healthy action makes it more likely that you’ll take other healthy actions. So drink that smoothie and you’ll feel more inclined to eat healthier and maybe get some exercise too!
- Weight loss. Increasing your daily fresh fruit and vegetables intake enables your body cleanse itself of the excess fat and water weight built up from toxins stored in the body.
- Boosts energy. Starting your day with a fresh smoothie will give you a huge increase in natural energy.
- Boosts immunity. Fresh smoothies increase your vitamin and nutrient intake. This helps boost your immune system preventing colds, flu, catarrh and other common ailments.
- Kills cravings: Increasing your intake of fresh healthy foods and decreasing the unhealthy refined processed foods in your diet will help you naturally stop craving junk food. Soon enough unhealthy foods will become much less appealing to you.
- Improves the skin & Reduces wrinkles: Smoothies increase your fluid intake and the power of natural foods hydrates the skin, therefore reducing wrinkles and enlivening your skin making you look more youthful.
- Aids digestion. Smoothies can be used to detox your system and get your health back on track. Changing your diet by incorporating smoothies has been known to relieve people of irritable bowel system, heartburn, indigestion and constipation.
- Increases Fiber Intake. Unlike fruit juice, smoothies use the whole fruit and vegetable so that you get all the fiber and nutrition. Fiber is essential for good colon health and it keeps your bowels in working order and helps relieve constipation.
- Keeps you hydrated. Most of us barely drink half the daily recommended amount of water required in a day. With smoothies you consume more liquids without even noticing.
- Makes you look and feel sexy. Wink! Wink! Some fruits and vegetables have a circulation-boosting effect that makes you feel sexier and gives you an attractive glow.
Next time you think about reaching for a soft drink, that snack or food from a restaurant that is fried, oily and full of carbs, try swapping it for a healthy smoothie. Remember, that it’s important to balance fruits, vegetables and leafy greens in your smoothies to keep the fruit sugar content under control. Also skip the yoghurt and milk for more healthier alternatives like almond, cashew or coconut milk.